ACT*DEFAULT COMPANY 877-551-5560 CA is the online payment for registration for a conference I'm going to attend. It is legitimate.
ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
What is it?
When you call that number they send you to www.regonline.com/charge to look up your charge. It was legitimate but took some time and effort to figure it out.
Legitimate - payment for a beekeeping seminar I signed up for.
I did not sign up for this conference. The ad was on my computer, but I did not sign up for this. I did not give out my credit card #.
Legitimate - Payment for a conference. Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival October 10 - 12, 2014
This was legitimate. I searched my email for "regonline" and the dollar amount (30) and found the conference registration fee.
$89 charge for Canon camera conference.
This was a legitimate charge for a summit "Living Works"
This was a charge for a conference that we registered for. The confusing part is that the charge does not show the name of the conference, or even "conference registration." It was legitimate for us.
Legitimate but puzzling in my case: San José: The 76th World Science Fiction Convention
I saw a transaction on my credit card statement for $3.95 from Act 877-551-5560. I contacted my credit card company and they said they've been getting a lot of these lately, usually with small amounts so people won't notice. They immediately began the fraud process and reissued me a new card. They told me to check all of my accounts for small charges that I don't recognize.
Also Appears on Statements As
- CHKCARDACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- CHECKCARD ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- POS Debit ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- POS PUR ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- POS PURCH ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- POS PURCHASE ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- POS REFUND ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- PRE-AUTH ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- PENDING ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- Visa Check Card ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA MC
- Misc. Debit ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA
- CHKCARD ACT*EDCC 877-551-5560, CA